Level 2 / 3 Diplomas
Yeovil Town Community Sports Trust are delighted to announce our new education partnership with Bridgwater and Taunton College. This exciting and new programme aims to engage students in the competencies of being a football coach.
If you are looking for a career in Coaching Football, this course is made up of both practical and theory based lessons. If you are passionate about football and sport, the course enables students to develop and learn about being a professional football coach. It also provides a valuable platform whereby competent students can be equipped to work within the wider football industry or you may be interested in working within a schools environment.
WHAT WILL I STUDY ON THE COURSE?
The course will include both theoretical and practical elements. Throughout the programme and each student will study:
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Sports Studies, Which incorporates:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Planning and lead sports events
- Planning and leading sporting activities
- Business skills in sport
- Technical and Tactical performance
- Psychology of sports performers
- 1st4Sport Level 1 Coaching Certificate in Football (Delivered by qualified FA Tutors)
- 1st4Sport Level 2 Leadership through Football (Delivered by qualified FA Tutors)
- Emergency First aid and safeguarding in sport
- Functional skills for Numeracy and Literacy with the possibility of studying GCSE English and Mathematics
You must satisfactorily complete all units of study to achieve the full qualification for each award and the full Diploma in Football Coaching with community settings.
WHAT OTHER SKILLS WILL I ACQUIRE?
In addition to studying the main core course elements, students will also have the opportunity to gain:
- Introduction to Coaching Futsal
- Coaching Disabled Footballers
- Football Association on line learning certificates
- Emergency First Aid in the workplace qualification,
- Safeguarding children in sport.
WHAT WILL I NEED FOR THE COURSE?
- 4 GCSEs in the A-F range or equivalent A Levels or BTEC
- Successful completion of a BTEC Level 1/2
- Upon application completion a conditional interview will be set
- Course is available to 16 – 24 years old students
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE SPECIAL?
In partnership with Yeovil Town Community Trust, Bridgwater and Taunton College is the only College in Somerset to deliver this new and exciting programme and be the lead education provider for Yeovil Town Community Trust.
The course runs a yearly European trip, in 2014–15 the students toured PSG to play games and coach in a different culture and environment. Other trips include St Georges Park the national England training centre, Wembley, The Emirates and Southampton.
The course is the only in the South West of England to have FA qualified tutors to lead you through your course and development. Many former students have taken the opportunities to coach in America, Australia, Rwanda etc.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Electronic Assignments
- Practical assessments and observations
- Portfolio evidence building
- Students will undertake continuous assessment throughout the year.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
Full time for one year and then after successful completion and progression onto Level 3 programme which is a two year programme
HOW MANY HOURS/DAYS WILL I BE IN COLLEGE?
The course will run for 4 days and is full time of which 16 hours delivered lessons per week, Students can complete work experience and voluntary work within this programme of study.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
• Clothing – Online Store (Approx £100.00)
• Educational Visits – Online Store (optional)
• Overseas residential – Online Store (optional)
• St Georges Educational Visit (mandatory as course requirement £60.00 approx.)
For more information about this groundbreaking course, please contact the Yeovil Town Community Sports Trust Office on 01935 706671.