INSPIRE YOUR PRIMARY SCHOOL CLASS IN EVERYTHING FROM MATHS & ENGLISH TO TEAMWORK AND SPORT.
The Premier League is celebrating five years of its schools’ programme, Premier League Primary Stars.
Launched in 2017 and available to every primary school in England and Wales, Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to support pupils in the classroom, the playground and on the sports field.
Teaching materials cover subjects from English and Maths to teamwork and PE. In addition to PE, English and Maths resources, Premier League Primary Stars also supports teachers to deliver classroom-based discussions and activities on important societal topics such as anti-discrimination, mental health and gender stereotypes linked to No Room for Racism, Wellbeing Stars, and Rainbow Laces.
After using the PSHE resources, 72% said that their pupils understand more about how to challenge prejudice and discrimination and 79% of teachers said their pupils have a better understanding of how to look after their own wellbeing.
Our staff work with teachers to deliver fun, educational sessions in a range of subjects within local partner schools. Competitions range from national football tournaments, to creative writing and reading challenges for reluctant readers
Several of the KS1 pupils engaged in the English cohort component have made accelerated progress as a result of the teaching they received. Louis’s enthusiasm delivering the programme made a huge difference to the children’s involvement and learning
Louis established a fantastic relationship with both pupils and staff. Exceeded expectations.
I have found that the PL Primary Stars has improved my knowledge of different games and strategies to use to motivate and engage the children in their PE sessions. It was useful to observe Lewis’s teaching PE sessions and leading activities.
Through participating in PL Primary Stars, the children have started to build their resilience and understand the importance of good sportsmanship.
- 84 girls specific after school sessions engaging with 218 girls in school years 3 and above.
- 108 boys specific after school sessions engaging with 273 boys in school years 3 and above.
- 356 PE lessons, engaging with 942 pupils and supporting 32 teachers with the delivery of PE.
- 18 English cohorts, engaging with 188 pupils in KS1/2 over a six-week period.
- 41 pupils benefitted from receiving a six-week targeted intervention which focused on improving the pupil’s confidence, concentration levels, behaviour and communication skills.
- 8 Education Activators, engaging with 420 pupils in school years 3 & 4.
- 36 PSHE assemblies on Healthy Living and Active Lifestyles which focused on the importance of sleep, hydration, diet and exercise.
- 28 PSHE Workshops focusing on the importance of respect and positive behaviour and tackling plastic pollution engaging with 867 pupils.
- 5 football festivals (2 girls specific) and a Primary Stars Tournament, for mixed U11 teams.
- 150 pupils engaged through our collapsed curriculum days held at Huish Park, where pupils enjoyed a day full of activities that incorporated PE, PSHE and English elements.
Thank you all so much. You have made such an impression on my son and truly helped with his anxiety. I can’t thank you all enough. Keep up the fab work guys!