Yeovil Town Community Sports Trust (YTCST) is committed to respecting all data you share with us, keeping it safe and only using it in ways that are legitimate. We will always be transparent about how we are processing your data and will only share it with other organisations if you have given us permission to do so and where we have legitimate cause to. This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect information, how we will process it and what your rights are.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us about any information in this privacy notice, to request a Subject Access Request or for any other questions about how YTCST uses your personal data, please write to:-
Data Protection Officer,
Yeovil Town Community Sports Trust,
Where we collect information about you
YTCST will collect information about you in a number of ways including when you:
• Access one of our services or programmes.
• Book one of our courses/programmes
• Attend an event
• Make a donation
• Enter a competition or prize draw
• Give consent to receive marketing information
• Give consent for the use of your image
• Respond to an enquiry
How we do use your personal data?
We collect personal data about people who use our services, support us or come into contact with us in another way.
This is so that we can:
• take your registration or payment details
• provide you with a service e.g. holiday courses, support with health improvement
• ensure you don’t have to keep providing us with basic details when you interact with us again
• contact you for administrative purposes
• keep you up to date with our work (if you would like us to)
• monitor our work
• tell stories to help us promote our work (with your permission)
• send you information about how to get involved and support our work, through volunteering and fundraising
• claim Gift Aid
• look into and respond to complaints
We may use the information you give us to create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
We may collect personal data (including special categories of data where appropriate and with your consent) which includes the following:
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Date of birth
• Current activities and interests
Depending on what service, event or activity you are accessing, we may also collect information about:
• Your health
• Any special educational needs or disability you tell us about
• Bank or payment details
• Your Gift Aid status
• Previous donations made
• Courses and events booked and attended
How we keep your data safe and who has access to it
YTCST will only collect and store the personal data that we need, and stored in line with legislation and YTCST’s data retention policy. All personal data that we collect will be stored securely in password protected systems. Only relevant staff will have access to this data.
All staff and data processors who have access to your data will regularly undertake data protection training and follow YTCST’s data protection policy and procedures. When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, YTCST cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Sharing your information
We will only share your personal information with partners if you give us permission to do so.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
• Require YTCST to change incorrect or incomplete data
• Require YTCST to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
• Object to the processing of your data where YTCST is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
If you would like information about the data we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at JRobinson@ytfc.net if you believe that YTCST has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
YTCST treats your contact with us as confidential unless there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass this information onto a third party such as the emergency services.
If you’re under 18
If you’re under 18, you must have your parent’s or guardian’s permission to provide any personal data to us, and we may require them to provide certain data on your behalf.
Keeping your information up to date
We’re keen to keep in touch with all our service users and supporters. Please contact us at Jrobinson@ytfc.net if you would like to update your contact details.
Changes to this Notice
We regularly review our privacy notice, and may make changes from time to time. Any changes made will be updated on our privacy notice and posted to our website.