Yeovil Town Community Sports Trust acknowledges and accepts it has a responsibility for the well-being and safety of all children, young people and vulnerable adults who are under the Trust’s care or utilising our facilities.
It is the duty of all adults working at the Trust to safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults by creating an environment that protects them from harm. The wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount for all staff and accordingly, they must make themselves aware of the Trust’s
Safeguarding Children, Young people and Vulnerable Adults Policy.
The aims of Yeovil Town Community Sports Trust Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy are:
- To safeguard all children, young people and vulnerable adults who interact with the Trust.
- To demonstrate best practice in the area of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- To develop a positive and pro-active welfare programme to enable all children, young people and vulnerable adults to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment.
- To promote high ethical standards throughout the Trust.
The key principles underpinning our Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable adults policy are:
- The child’s, young person and/or vulnerable adult’s welfare is, and must always be, the paramount consideration.
- All children, young people and vulnerable adults have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, culture, language, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- All allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to efficiently and appropriately.
- To encourage parents and other members of the child, young person or vulnerable adults family to be involved in a relationship with the Trust.
- To ensure that coaches, parents and other adults who come in contact with children, young people and vulnerable adults provide good role models of behaviour.
We all have a role to play in keeping safe and keeping others safe by preventing, identifying and reporting incidents and concerns.
Thankfully incidents are rare but if you need to get in touch you can contact our Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer or Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer by using the following contact details below.
Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer
T: (01935) 706671.
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer
T: (01935) 706671.
YTFC Safeguarding Contacts
YTFC Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO)
YTFC Senior Safeguarding Manager
T:01935 423662 or 07779261814
Match Day Safeguarding Officer